Purchase a Print
Please see the disclaimers below! This is a hobby for me, but some people insist on a print. I’m not trying to make a living here, and in fact if nothing sells it won’t bother me at all. This gives me a way to express myself and hopefully, improve my photography. But, like I said, some people insist on a print.
I like to tell a story with each photo. These are not the only photos I can print successfully, but they are the only ones I’ve posted to this page. Please check back as I will add others.
Some photos are not for sale! This is usually a situation where the owner of the subject allows photos for non commercial use only. If I say it is not for sale then don’t ask.
Prices are for 1 matted print shipped flat to a U.S. address via non insured U.S. Priority Mail. For shipping to addresses outside of the U.S. please inquire. If your print arrives bent then return it & I will send another & cover your return postage. Arrangements for FedEx or UPS can be made.
Sizes are shown in inches. Mats are made with museum quality archival board. Mats larger than 11×14 are shipped in custom boxes and are much more expensive. All prints come in ultra clear polypropylene envelopes. Payment via PayPal to email@example.com is preferred. Visa and Mastercard are accepted, but will delay shipment a few days. Along with the card number & expiration date I will need your shipping address and your card billing address.
Print Sizes & Pricing
- 4×6 prints – in an 8×10 mat – signed on mat only – viewing area of mat is 3.75×5.75 – $25.00
- 5×7 prints – in an 8×10 mat - signed on mat & photo – viewing area of mat is 4.5×6.5 – $35.00
- 8×10 prints – in an 11×14 mat – signed on mat & photo – viewing area of mat is 7.5×9.5 – $75.00
- 8×12 prints – in a 12×16 mat – signed on mat & photo – viewing area of mat is 7.5×11.5 – $90.00
- 11×14 prints – in a 16×20 mat – signed on mat & photo – viewing area of mat is 10.5×13.5 – $175.00
- 12×18 prints – in an 18×24 mat – signed on mat & photo – viewing area of mat is 11.5×17.5 – $200.00
Custom and larger sizes are priced by inquiry. Sizes smaller than the viewing area are available by request. Mats with larger viewing areas to show the photo in its exact size are priced by inquiry. Either option allows the entire photo to show through the mat window. These would only be signed on the print.
Prints are not framed. I prefer not to offer frames. I have found framing to be a personal thing. As a suggestion I prefer a simple black extruded aluminum frame. You may like something fancier which is why I prefer the customer to frame the print themselves.
I print digitally using Epson printers. I use Glossy, Semi-Glossy and Luster finish papers depending on what I think is best. These papers do not accept a pencil signature, only pen. I do not sign with silver or gold ‘paint’ type inks as these easily flake off of some papers.
Keep your aspect ratios in mind. Some prints are best against their original ratios. Inquire if you are not sure.
- This is a hobby/part time endeavor. Sometimes I am out of town 6 or 7 weeks at a time working and shooting photos. If you need something quickly then let me know first before you pay.
- Copyright. To the best of my knowledge any image I sell will be of a subject in the public domain. If you believe you have a valid right to the subject shown in an image then let me know. I can easily remove it.
- Not For Sale. Some photos are not for sale. That usually means the owner of the subject allows a photo, but not a commercial use! If I say a photo is not for sale then don’t ask.